• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting Hot

motormayhem

As the temp has gotten warmer so have the temps on the truck. Currently it hovers around 180-190 and gets up to 200 on long hills or steep hills. I have read that 200 is max normal. Before it would never go over 190. Whats up? Bad thermostat? Coolant is topped off and fan seems to be working. Also seems like it used to cool pretty fast when it went down to idle after a hill but now it kinda stays at the temp it is at for a while and then goes down as I accelerate off a light. Like if I climb a hill with a light at the top it goes to 200 stays there through the red light and then drops as I accelerate off the light by 3-5 degrees. If it is getting to 200 (@75* outside) now when it is 110 out there is going to be trouble. Also the coolant and radiator are 2 months old, but the t-stat was not replaced as I am a cheap ass. If you think it could be the stat what temp should I replace it with so it can warm up at 40 outside and stay cool at 105*? Is 160 to low and the stock 190 seems high.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks