• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting second M1009 !

91W350

Your avatar looks like one of our local Marine Corp heroes, amazingly so... I am hoping my second M1009 is a nice one, I am headed to Utah this weekend to drive her home. Congrats! Glen

Warren Lovell

Thanks Glen and congrats to you. One is never enough. My current one is going desert tan. The second will be either all green or camo 3-color.

What is your list of stuff to bring to pick up your truck?
I'm bringing all fluids, belts, batteries, ignition key, spare tire, hoses, fuses.

fitz

So far I have bought 2 M1028's from GSA, I haven't bought from GL yet but from what I have learned on this site you might want to bring a driveshaft.

91W350

I bought this one from a fellow SS member. I have a friend in the Salt Lake area that has been driving it on weekends. He says it starts immediately and runs down the road really nicely. It is setting on like new rubber and both batteries had to be replaced by the SS member, I paid for half of that cost. I am not taking anything but cash with me. I plan to stop and buy a 5 quart jug of Rotella and a couple of gallons of antifreeze. I am bringing a basic set of tools with with me, I am linited to two 50 pound bags on the train, so I cannot take too much along. I plan to roll through the mountains on Old US 40, so if it breaks, I will not be tied to the Interstate and can flat tow it. I have a friend, my high school locker partner, in Boulder. He was planning to come to Salina Sunday with a layover in Goodland to visit family Monday. He shares that same back road wanderlust that I have, so I imagine we will roll into Salina Tuesday afternoon. I just wish one of the boys could go with me. It just does not seem right to spend a few days on the road with no white Shepherd.... Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks