• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting the rope out

jag7720

So, it turns out that the rope rear main seal was intact and doing fine. My leak was the rear pan gasket.

I was planning on the rear main seal so I am doing it anyway.

I pulled one half of the rope out with ease. The other is stuck

What are you guys using to push the rope out from the other side? I can't seem to find a piece of plastic that is hard enough to take the pushing and not bend.

Any tips on getting the rope out?

jag7720

So I know you are all waiting to find out how I did it.

There were several issues.. first was the fact that the original rope main seal was in perfec shape and was not leaking therefore it would not slip. Second, when I would hit the 1/4" solid copper it would eventually bend...

So I got a piece of aluminum fuel line and slid it over the copper rod... slowly tap on the copper and viola...out comes the remaining piece of rope.

PITA...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks