• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GILBERT 2010 Update

Srjeeper

Just got back from the last Redball Meeting before the show and here's the latest.

OVER 300 Vendor spots have been sold and there are very few left so get a move on if ya still need one.

This is looking to be the Largest Redball Rally ever!!

No Vendors or Campers are to set up without first seeing Jim Gilmore. If you are in the wrong spot and didn't check in first, YOU Will Be Moving!

If you come to the show in a MV, you and one guest will be allowed into the Vendor area FREE of charge.

If you and your MV stay till after 1500 on Saturday you will get a free T-Shirt (L & XL sizes only).

The Feature Piece at this years show is 'ARTILLERY", and there will be several pieces there with firings through out the day.

Need to know more.... www.redballonline.org is the place to go.

See ya there......[thumbzup]

:driver:

Last edited:

Lex_Ordo

My only day off is Thursday, next week. Will it be disappointing to go during setup to catch a looksse of the display vehicles? I don't know how many people will be there early- setting up.

Srjeeper

I really think you'd be disapointed after a drive of that distance. There will be stuff to see, but I'm not sure it would be what yer hopein to see. :doh:

2cents

rlwm211

SRJEEPER I will be there in the JATONKA contingent. Not absolutely sure as to when JT wants to arrive yet.

My deuce will be present and on view.

I plan on staying until late Saturday, so mark one of the shirts for me. the bigger the better

RL

Srjeeper

My deuce will be present and on view.

I plan on staying until late Saturday, so mark one of the shirts for me. the bigger the better
RL

That's what we like to hear....[thumbzup]

I'd just like to know why it is that they always put the little skinny fella's in charge of ordering T-shirts for this stuff....:confused:

Large & XLarge...:roll:....what's that all about....:-?....I use those for dew rags...:shock:...:jumpin:

2XL on UP if they expect to cover all this...:oops:

Attachments

Chief_919

Just so you vendors know. Parts do grow legs and walk away from your spot.
Shame.

I can remember when this community (MV collectors) was honest enough you could set parts out with prices and an ammo can for folks to drop cash into.

Srjeeper

JeepMan, I'm sure your right.

Just like any where else you may go if ya don't keep an eye on your stuff.

We put on the event, we don't pick who attends it!

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had someone steal the rubber snubbers off of my windshield on my M-151 at Aberdeen. It is not like it used to be. I am not so sure it is the community people as much as the public. Although mine disappeared at night so you tell me.

Rick

DKELONE

Change of subject-- if you have data plates for pretty much anything please bring them to the show & stop by. I'm a cash buyer for anything vehicle or military related. I do not know my space numberts but i'll have two 3'x8' banners up, one for data plates & one for mules. Thanks, david

david p. Kelone
militarymules.com
mvdataplates.com
6401 north sheridan road
peoria, il 61614
dkelone@aol.com
309-696-7080​

5tonpuller

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but if not I'm sorry. I am still looking for these parts.
If anyone is selling please PM me. Gilbert is a great place to me. Thanks
Looking for the rear right side stab pocket that are on the 5 ton wreckers. Front winch chain and the glad to hook it to the cable.
A M106a2 tailor tong. Here is the link to the post. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/salvage-yard-info/9280-looking-tongue-m1061-5ton-trailor.html

joho

Gilbert sleep over

We sleep in the duece and would like to leave Sunday morning. Is anyone else doing this? We don't have a vender spot, will this be a problem?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shouldn't be a problem, Just mention your plan at the entrance. I have "camped" there without being a vendor. There are decent showers and a food vendor.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck is packed already (has been for months), ready to go. The gun truck won't be done in time, too much to do in too short a period of time. Either way, I'll be set up in the radio shack at the East end of the fairgrounds. Hope to see everyone there...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, you should add, "have lava lamp, will travel" to your sig line!

tbanks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gilbert

Popacom and myself will be there Thurs-Sat with a truck load of commo gear,NOS fuel fired heaters,M151 parts,ammo boxes with holddown brackets,tent light kits,maddocks for the pioneer kits,and a ton of other stuff.If you need anything in particular PM one of us and we will see if we have it.Tony