• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gin Pole ID?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have these Gin Poles, not sure what they are from. Not even sure they are military. Can anyone ID them? I thought they might have been from a K43 but I don't think they are long enough.
These are 8' long and 3" in diameter. Holes in end flanges are 1".

scoutmanadam

there not from a telephone truck, mine are 4 inch diameter and i think thats the same size on all the trucks that used em. they look alot like a pair my father in law has on his old 56 ford farm truck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can say with a great degree of expertise and certanty that these are not off of the M756 oil field truck.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the input. After much research, I did conclude they're not from a K43 or variants, and definately not from any pipeline military vehicle, and the length is 9', not 8' as stated above. Just guessing, i'd put the lift capacity at about a half ton max. Comparing these to photos of other military poles, i'm also confident they are not stout enough to be military........however, with a good sandblasting and coat of 383, they'll look nice attached (somehow) to my contact maintenance truck, someday.
Any engineers out there willing to take a stab at calculating the capacity of these given the OD is 3", overall length is 9', wall thickness is .1875, and angle is 45*?

scoutmanadam

the ones on my father in laws rig are pretty much that same size and we have lifted 1500 pound with no flexing or anything, alot depends on rope size to and how they are attached to the vehicle. i would think they should handle a ton easily.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks