• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL ? About fort knocks yard.

Duce

I'm interested in buying a 5 ton from this yard sometime in the future but, want to know what im getting in to. GSA purchase was a cake walk but that was a much smaller truck. This lot is only 109 miles from home so I'm dreaming maybe if I can win one with low miles & hours that starts and runs I will b able to drive it home.
GL says they must b towed or trailered of sight. So what's the best way to do that iv nothing big enough. Anyone in the area that will tow it for me. if so how much & what's the contact #. Also want to plan for the worse any idea of price to have it towed 109 miles if it's not road worthy any contact info on that would b great as well or may b same as tow off base. Other than the 10% buyers premium, ID,& proof of insurance (to get on base),& towing info needed above any thing else I need to know about this yard. Thanks matt

Hooty481

Im a couple hours from Fort Knox and have a m818 or a Deuce and towbar I could run up there and tow your off but for the most part those guys up there will work with you. The Gate for the base is not far from the GL site. I helped another SS member recover one of his trucks from that site and have purchased alot of trailers from there. Send me a pm if you ahve any questions.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you know any contractors with a lowboy ? if they are slow you could probably get a decent hourly rate on a 100 mile haul.

diverman555

In Memorial
In Memorial
I bought a M923A1 at knox and when the trasnport company picked it up and brought it to me the front end was all smashed in. they hit it with their loader but then would not admit it. so I am stuck

Duce

I bought a M923A1 at knox and when the trasnport company picked it up and brought it to me the front end was all smashed in. they hit it with their loader but then would not admit it. so I am stuck
Luckily I'm only 109miles from there so I should b able to b there for pick up even if it a tow 100% of the way home. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.