• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gl Bidding on1008

citizensoldier

average $1800 to $3800.. Check the pics for parts missing under the hood. If it has dents in the door there is a 80% chance it has a bent drive shaft from a fork truck. Not much else you can see from pics.. Tires hold air? Hope this helps a little.. Good luck!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plan on what it's worth in parts. If you can part it and break even or make a few bucks, OK. If you can't sell the parts for what you bid, you are making a little gamble that may or may not pay off in the long run.

roady

Nice thread I am in the same boat. If it does list a bent drive shaft what other damage could be done by lifting with the forklift? Could it crack the transfer case or transmission? If we can get a preview what do we look for under the truck that was moved with a forklift? It seems like a lot of them are listed with a bent drive shaft.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A rule of thumb, as Kenny said, is to never bid more than a parts truck if you don't inspect before hand. The worst thing you can think of could be wrong with it.

If the truck has been moved with a forklift anything that hangs down below the frame could be damaged. I've seen bent driveshafts, busted t-cases, and busted trans. If you don't see some real good pics of the engine it could be missing parts also.

roady

What would you all pay for a parts truck roughly. I know it may depend on exactly what you may be looking for out of the parts truck but just trying to get a rough estimate.

Thanks

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few of the surprises I've received from GL CUCVs over the years.
Bent D/s
cracked transfer cases
Cracked transmission housing
Hole drilled in gas tank (FT.Meade)
NO fuel tank
CUT wiring harness
missing or broken glass
seized rear drums
missing exhaust
missing all dash components
missing rear axles
missing front lockouts
broken steering column
missing radiator
missing alternators
and of course the usual tires, fuel, belts, wipers, seats, rust.

Like the above threads say, if you can't preview what you're bidding expect the worst and bid appropriately. That way anything positive is a "pleasant" surprise.
Good Luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks