• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Cummins powered M35's

dodgemain

Hi,
Does anyone remember what those Cummins powered M35's on Governement Liquidation sold for? They where on there a few months ago. Anyone here get one of those trucks?
Thanks

Elwenil

RE: GL Cummings powered M35

It's a pet peeve of mine, lol. Working in the Parts Dept of a dodge dealership with every 3rd guy calling their engine that will do that to you.

scooter01922

Gives ya a twitch i'm sure.....gonna make headlines one day. "local man beats customer senseless for mispronuciation of cummins"

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I actually got to work in the Cummins plant in Indiana at my last job. I wrote a small program in REXX for the OS/2 system that monitored and controlled the HVAC system for the entire building. Cool place to work and a lot of stories.

steve

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Yes, it's Cummins! Thanks Lanty. Having owned 5 Cummins powered trucks, it's a pet peeve of mine too :)

John Winslow in Halifax, NC bought one of the Cummins powered deuces. If you are looking to buy one, I'm sure he'll make you a deal on it.

cbvet

Wow!
Makes me kinda miss Ace correcting everybody's spelling.
And I get po'd when people refer to my SEABEE marked Deuce as an ARMY truck.
Eric
CBVET

FreightTrain

Banned

I call a cummings a Cum-apart.......cause that is what happens when you have one in any vehicle.Stuff constantly comes a part.Tires,Rear ends,Transmissions,driveshafts.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

The 400 Cummins worked great in our M915 fleet about the only real problem we had running them for hundreds of thousands of miles was the suitcase water pump and that was pretty easy to fix. I always went as a Class A agent so I could buy parts along the way of our convoys and I spent way more on the Catapillar 16 speed air-shift than I did on the engines.

Cummins to think about it I even had more axle problems than engine ones.

NObama

emr

I have one friend who says they are not good , but he has never owned one, I have never heard anything from the flight facility or armory other than that they are/were bullet proof... they dont have any anymore..and just run and run and run,I sure LOVE mine, they are pullers for sure, sure there are other and better engines out there, but these are what we usually play with and they are awesome, in my eyes, another opinion,oh I love my cumdins...sorry...couldnt help that one...its one of the spellins that was missed... :shock:

nattieleather

Does anyone have an answer for dodgemain? A great thead on bustin chops over Cummins (correct) or Cummings (not correct), but the man asked a good question and one I would like to know the answer to also.

FormerNewMVGuy

Re: RE: GL Cummings powered M35

cbvet said:
Wow!
Makes me kinda miss Ace correcting everybody's spelling.
And I get po'd when people refer to my SEABEE marked Deuce as an ARMY truck.
Eric
CBVET
Yeah! what ever happened to" Acetomato" ? I dont see him on here anymore. He was a wealth of knowledge on military vehicles!