• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL proceedures

eddiec

best to find someone you lnow that is close by to pick it up for you. almost bid on a hard top for my duece. got a quote from a couple shipping agents, and at 1200 to ship it, i decided to be a rag top man. just my experience. eddie

h1crwchf

Loadout...

Dave P said:
i have a in with a freight company as far as rates but how does it work on other end? do the GL people package and load on freight truck or is there independant companys that take care of that ?
Dave, check the loadout information for the location you want to buy from. If their loadout specifically states "no loadout assistance" you will probably have to pay your freight company extra to load it. If there is nothing about "assistance" from that location just give them a call. Most of the locations I buy from will fork lift it into a trailer but I always call the site directly to confirm. Most of the time the bigger sites are very busy and under staffed but I have had good luck as long as I communicate with them directly. Even when they say no loadout on a specific day, sometimes they have bent the rules for me when I asked. I just picked up big lot of items from a site, showed up to load but miss judged the size and could not get everthing in my truck and they let me pick the rest up on a non load day. PM me if you need any more info... good luck.
Dave

williamh

the couple of times i delt with gl and shipping agents ... i couldnt believe what they wanted for shipping .. a package that weighed around 25 lb. shipped from fl. to ca. was almost $800.00. i could drive down there and return for less than that .. if shipping companys are getting $32.00 a pound .. i think ill change jobs !!!

mangus580

DaveP, PM me with the details of what you need, I will see if I can help you. I have a freind in the trucking business that has decent rates.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks