• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Question

tprthom

How long after you win bid do they charge your charge card and can you have them not charge card? Also do you know the other fees and tax for vehicle in Ga. auction? Thanks.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
You get charged after your EUC clears if applicable. They have a 10% buyers premium of the winning bid (examble winning bid $2000 = $200 buyers premium) and sales tax is Arizona's state tax rate which is around 7-8%. All this info can be found in the FAQ section on GL's site. Dont know about not having them charge your credit card.

tprthom

Thanks, I read all the terms and conditions, I just did not understand if they charged your CC when the bid ended, after they sent you and invoice or several days latter (1-45 days) when the approve your EUC. So you have time to contact them and send other payment? Also I read that they charge for title fees($63). Does anyone know the Tax for Ga. I am going to bid and did not want to get suprized. I did not get to call GL before they closed.

sprucemt

Re: RE: GL Question

Djfreema said:
You get charged after your EUC clears if applicable. They have a 10% buyers premium of the winning bid (examble winning bid $2000 = $200 buyers premium) and sales tax is Arizona's state tax rate which is around 7-8%. All this info can be found in the FAQ section on GL's site. Dont know about not having them charge your credit card.
Arizona sales tax?????

goldneagle

RE: Re: RE: GL Question

I bought a M35 from GL here in LA and did not get charged any sales tax at all. My Credit card invoice only shows the total of the bid and the 10% Buyer's Premium.

Attachments

papercu

Tax

When I buy in a vehicle from GL in Ga or Fl they charge tax at the rate of the county that I bought it in and then when I use the SF 97 and replace it with Ga title about a year later I'll get a bill from the State of Georgia wanting a tax at my county tax rate, so far I've just sent in the paperwork showing I paid GL the tax (if it was the same rate) and never heard back from them.
If you get one be sure to save the pictures too. Wayne

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Tax

Well I guess I was wrong :oops: I always thought the 7.75% sales tax I was paying was GL charging Arizona sales tax but according to the GL FAQ it is the state in which the item was purchased. Here in Los Angeles county the tax rate is 8.25% so that is what was throwing me off. Sorry for giving out incorrect info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks