• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Surprise Bonus !!

rcb

Recently picked-up my latest CUCV from Letterkenny. Having purchased many CUCV's
from there including purchases by friends, we've witnessed and accepted the fact that
when initially unloading they love to slam the fork lift into the sides of the vehicles then lifting usually bending the rear driveshaft !! As an added bonus on this CUCV, I not only
have a bent rear driveshaft, but the front is bent as well !! OH joy !!!
Bob

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet! Do you think if you take it back to them they can use the forklift to poke holes in the side and collapse the roof a little?

It amazes how some people treat other people's property.....

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
It is just plain irresponsible the way they do that. I know that the way some of the MHE operation I have seen made me question if they were even licenced on the equipment. I had them break the brake lines on my M101 trailer by similar just do it mind set when a simple move of one other vehicle would have allowed me to just back in and hook up or let me swing it out of line to hook up. I was mad but my damage was not as bad as yours. You should be able to find a driveshaft shop in the steel city that can fix them for you. Welcome to the site. My wife is from Pittsburgh Castle Shannon burro.

colomil

RE: Re: RE: GL Surprise Bonus !!

They massacred my M1010 at Ft carson with a forklift. I also like how they drain fluids by punching holes instead of simply removing the drain plug. They actually bent frame rails on a CUCV with a forklift!

God I miss the DRMO days...

FrankUSMC

Am I missing some thing here. Your CUVC was damaged during "unloading"?
Is this DRMO site were the truck was damaged a GL site only? as in no DRMO personal work there? I am asking this, because the DRMO sites here are maned by both.
If the truck was damaged during "unloading" it was damaged 3 months before it went up for sell. I hate to ask this, but, Did you go look at the truck before you bidded?
I have had GL damage a truck during loading, but I was there and take some of the blame for not stopping them, and asking them to try a different way.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

dilvoy

Gl suprise bonus

I have found that GL dosen't do the common type of forklift damage that is found on CUCV's, which is bent driveshafts and pushed in body panels. It is done when loading and unloading the vehicles onto flat bed trailers by the DRMO. This problem existed when the DRMO was selling the vehicles to the public, but got way worse after GL got the contract and many super efficient DRMO employees lost their job. I think the remaining DRMO people were doing it to cost GL money with reduced sale prices. I was out at Yermo Annex, years before GL had the Contract, looking at some vehicles and a Guy came along with the largest rought terrain forklift I have ever seen who picked up a CUCV truck at 15 MPH. That was fun to watch.

CGarbee

Re: RE: Gl suprise bonus

maddawg308 said:
Can't they just drive them off the trailer, like most human beings do? rofl
At two of the sites that I frequent where they unload with the forklift, they don't have a ramp for unloading and frequently the trucks don't run... Using the fork is much more efficient...

That said, I've watched the guys operating the forklifts and, in general, they work pretty hard to NOT hurt the trucks/trailers that they are loading.

I've also seen them tear the snot out of some stuff as well... :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks