• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Trouble

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
THAT is a question alot of people would like to know. What about military vehicles that have sat in a field for decades? Lets say someone owns trucks that were bought back during the drmo days. How would they know the trucks were needed to be turned in?

surpdlr

BKubu said:
Robyn, with regard to ending Demil B&Q sales, would that involve the return of all such equipment in civilian hands? That would definitely impact your future sales...if people thought they would be losing whatever they won at auction. I have often worried that they might come for our trucks eventually. People would be out thousands of dollars since most of us invest a lot into the trucks we buy. I bought a truck for $3200 from GL and, as it sits, I have over $25,000 in it. I'd hate to receive a letter telling me that I need to return the $25,000 truck to GL and get a $3,200 refund.
They ARE ALREADY DOING THIS!!!!

What do you think all those letters to return small things are???? I will tell you - they are a test, to see what will happen when the "back door" Demill begins!!

And Robyn seems to be directly contradicting the latest info from the MVPA, go figure!!

Bozor1000

I just want to say that Sheila Rozum over at GL has been very helpful with my EUC. Any e-mails that I send her are always answered with the information that I request. So I have no gripes with GL.

EdMontana

USMilitarySurplus said:
I don't know all the details but the government did recently consider ending the sale of all demil BQ items, which includes military vehicles. Basically, they considered stopping the sale of anything that requires an EUC. I don't know what they would have done with these items, whether destroy them or sell them as scrap metal or what. I heard that some of our buyers contacted their congressmen/women to try and put a damper on that idea. We're still selling BQ items as of today though.

I for one got all kind of e-mails about it, I don't know if they are rumors to improve the sales or is really something behind it.....I think the worst rumor is the mandatory return of US Property, not many people want to purchase stuff that will need to return to uncle san later on and I doubt that ANY funds will be reembursed either.

Here is a link of one place that sent out a bunch of e-mails:

http://capwiz.com/sboa/home/

Couple of the e-mails::

Department of Defense to scrap or shred huge quantities of usable surplus property

DOD to scrap or shred huge quantities of usable surplus property Take Action!

Your e-mail now can make a difference

It turns out that rumors that the Department of Defense (DOD) plans to scrap or shred large segments of usable surplus property that it currently offers for sale to individual citizens and small businesses in the United States ARE TRUE.

A high-up Pentagon official has revealed that DOD plans soon to withdraw all Demil B and Q property -- that property which requires an End-User certificate to buy -- from the surplus goods marketplace. DOD plans to rent warehouses to temporarily store all the stuff that it currently sells to surplus buyers like you. DOD will then sort through all that stuff for the few things that it thinks it might need in the future, and then scrap or destroy everything else.

DOD claims National Security needs for its plan. This is hard to understand in light of their plan to consign Demil items such as Ford F150 pickups, Radio Shack loudspeakers, cameras, digital cameras, microscopes and even deck shoes to the landfill. As we could all purchase such items in local stores it becomes clear that what is common sense to the ordinary citizen isn't always the reality in Washington.

It's also reasonable to question DOD's capability to do what says it plans to do. On July 23rd of this year the Associated Press reported that:

"Millions of dollars' worth of gear, including combat boots, helmets, vests and aircraft parts, is being junked by the Pentagon rather than stored or sold as surplus to suppliers who sometimes sell it back to the military. Of roughly $1.8 billion worth of equipment the DOD downgraded to scrap from January through June, at least $330 million worth came from categories of gear the Pentagon most frequently buys back from surplus dealers, according to the National Association of Aircraft & Communication Suppliers."

So DOD has been throwing away large quantities of material, purchased with our tax dollars, of which two-fifths was materiel they could probably have used later. And now they want to better manage it?

Even if you do not buy DOD surplus property that requires an end-use certificate, you should still be very concerned about this issue. DOD is, and has been changing the classification of large blocks of surplus property so that it requires an end-use certificate to buy. If DOD executes its plan, all this stuff -- including the cameras and deck shoes -- will be heading to the landfill.

But there is something you can do. Several parties in the surplus industry have worked together to prepare a reasonable counter-proposal that addresses DOD's concerns but protects the flow of surplus property available to purchasers like you. Please send the attached e-mail to your US Representative and Senator. They can help you to protect the flow of surplus property.

Thank you for your immediate action on this. Click on the TAKE ACTION button to send your e-mail.

---------------------------------------------------------

From GL:

Dear Valued GL Customer:
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has commissioned an external study to determine the financial results and risk attached to the sale of surplus Demil B and Demil Q property.

Government Liquidation has been asked to participate in this study and to obtain the following information. We believe it is in everyone's interests to provide the study team with as much information as we can, And we request your participation. Please note, your answers will remain anonymous. Additionally, answers will be aggregated and will not be identifiable to the source.

On behalf of Government Liquidation, we thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,
GOVERNMENT LIQUIDATION, LLC.
15051 N. Kierland Blvd. Suite 300
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Click here to take survey

------------------------------------------------------

surpdlr

EdMontana said:
I think the worst rumor is the mandatory return of US Property, not many people want to purchase stuff that will need to return to uncle san later on and I doubt that ANY funds will be reembursed either.
This is NO rumor!!!! I have had 3 of the letters so far. I am convinced it is a “Back Door” DEMIL bill. I also think this is the beginning, it is a compliance test to see how gullible GL’s customers are. If this works well, the government can cast a wider net and ask for even more material back!!! Hey, why should the Government BUY back new surplus when they can force GL’s customers to GIVE it back under the gise of “National Security”. You know the reason the sheepeople have given up lots of rights in the last few years.

EdMontana

surpdlr said:
EdMontana said:
I think the worst rumor is the mandatory return of US Property, not many people want to purchase stuff that will need to return to uncle san later on and I doubt that ANY funds will be reembursed either.
This is NO rumor!!!! I have had 3 of the letters so far. I am convinced it is a “Back Door” DEMIL bill. I also think this is the beginning, it is a compliance test to see how gullible GL’s customers are. If this works well, the government can cast a wider net and ask for even more material back!!! Hey, why should the Government BUY back new surplus when they can force GL’s customers to GIVE it back under the gise of “National Security”. You know the reason the sheepeople have given up lots of rights in the last few years.
And when they will reimburse you for the stuff and come pick it up?.....that will be something see the govt. waste tax payers money sending "re- recovery" trucks to pick up Deuces around the country....just make sure you hand it back out really de-milled....just a frame with serial number...

Michael

They expect you to get it back to them, if it comes to the point that they are coming to you they will probably be getting you, not your stuff.

As far as I know or have read, you either play ball or you get black listed and can no longer buy surplus from them. You would have to have something pretty significant for it to go farther than that.

surpdlr

Michael said:
They expect you to get it back to them, if it comes to the point that they are coming to you they will probably be getting you, not your stuff.

As far as I know or have read, you either play ball or you get black listed and can no longer buy surplus from them. You would have to have something pretty significant for it to go farther than that.
What about property rights in the USA??? There is a contract between you and the seller (GL) that says even before you remove an item, you take title to it. That is why if something goes missing from a lot it's your problem, not theirs!!! Funny how all of a sudden they (GL) are willing to pro rate the cost of the lot if you bring something back, but NEVER will if it is missing at pick up!!! I don't think they can have it both ways!! I still believe that as a U.S. citizen I have a few rights (less than 8 years ago, but that's another story) one of which is a right to keep property that I have legaly purchased!!

Michael

That same contract has this in it:

# Items sold by us, which are changed to a Demil Code status of other than B or Q from Demil Codes A, B or Q, must be returned by you to the nearest DRMS facility, and you will be reimbursed for the purchase price and any subsequent transportation costs incurred. If you have already transferred the property to another party, you agree to provide the name and contact information of that party to the Department of Defense or other federal government agency charged with the investigation of the transfer.

# Your failure to cooperate in returning these items, providing contact information of transferees or completing and submitting End-Use-Certificates upon any Demil Code change will constitute grounds for suspension of your account and prohibition from buying in future GL or U.S. Government sales.[/quote]

surpdlr

Michael said:
That same contract has this in it:

# Items sold by us, which are changed to a Demil Code status of other than B or Q from Demil Codes A, B or Q, must be returned by you to the nearest DRMS facility, and you will be reimbursed for the purchase price and any subsequent transportation costs incurred. If you have already transferred the property to another party, you agree to provide the name and contact information of that party to the Department of Defense or other federal government agency charged with the investigation of the transfer.

# Your failure to cooperate in returning these items, providing contact information of transferees or completing and submitting End-Use-Certificates upon any Demil Code change will constitute grounds for suspension of your account and prohibition from buying in future GL or U.S. Government sales.
[/quote]

That may be there now, but I don't think that it was when Levy Latham was selling material. In fact I bet that wasn't there untill about a year ago......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks