• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glenndog recovery locked and loaded!

citizensoldier

With a touch of hillbilly and side of redneck we are locked and loaded for the doghead / Glenn Newwwwwwwwyoorik M818 retrieval mission! Tune in tomorrow for more pictures and the skinny! I have soldier B riding shotgun and soldier C in the back telling me how to drive. We will load the Indian ear in the morning and the gnome brushed his teeth for talking to Joe. :grd:

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awe crap, I had complete confidence, until I saw this thread...

looks like a Red Neck Recon.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're getting three of them!

91W350

I could not help but notice the 4 stenciled on the passenger's door of your M1009. I thought that number was supposed to match the bridge plate on the front, the M1009s being under 6,000 or a 3 ton bridge limit. Wonder what yours was hauling that mine was not. I guess maybe it is the heavy duty M818 recovery vehicle!

Is this Glenn the one that got the super nice M813 at Ft. Riley? Ohhh baby, that was a nice rig!!

I was going to upload a photo of my "3" but cannot find it... I guess it is out in the driveway...

citizensoldier

Not sure about the 4 it was on the truck when I got it right from the army. I know the M37's had a yellow 4 on the door. Thanks for the trailer compliment. I love my little Canadian M101's.. Very stout and pull better than a M101A2 with the M1009 gearing. We should not have any problem baring a catastrophic failure on the way down.

citizensoldier

I wonder if Joe will have his Gnome swatter and spray ready?
Rod and I are rolling on the floor with laughter .. Joe does kind of look like he could belong the ogre clan of gymp's relation. I hope he is not suffering from saggy diapers tomorrow. I know he reads this so HI JOE!

I am glad its not winter he is cranky when it snows!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rod and I are rolling on the floor with laughter .. Joe does kind of look like he could belong the ogre clan of gymp's relation. I hope he is not suffering from saggy diapers tomorrow. I know he reads this so HI JOE!

I am glad its not winter he is cranky when it snows!

He doesn't get cranky if it snows, he gets cranky if he has to go out in the snow!! At least there aren't any hornets around when it snows!

HI JOE!!

Good luck tomorrow!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks like we have both been thrown under the bus Joe. Guess that makes us KIN! Welcome to the family. Rod, is that helmet and goggles for Lane or Dave(or the short bus)?

citizensoldier

Home safe. We are all whipped but had fun. A couple of the trucks have issues but they are now safe for pickup on weekends or whenever.
:driver::grd::grd::D[thumbzup]

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you very much for your time and efforts today, Lane, Rod and Dave. I really appreciate it.

And a big thanks to TedG, for letting us take them to his place.

Not exactly sure of the next step, since todays inspections yielded some unwanted issues.

We'll keep you updated as we figure out what we're doing next.

Thank you[thumbzup]

citizensoldier

Oh! And I also wanted to thank whoever sent Joe a happy pill for today's events..He could not have been nicer. I had to put glasses on from the sunshine shooting out his butt and he was very good to work with. Thanks JOE!
I did sprinkle some gnome dust on his clip board when he was not looking so that might have helped. Or maybe because I brushed my teeth? He left the gnome spray in the truck and no swatters to be found..

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Lane I sent him a PM and told him no one here on the site likes you either! Seemed to have worked!

At least DH can relax now. Its never good when you call to schedule a recovery and the GL guy says"you sending who?! Oh crap, oh Sh1t!" BWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhahahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks