• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug controller lights

jmenende

Howdy folks. Happy 4th of July to all.

Im having issues with my glow plug system. The controller has the leds staying on after ignition is off with keys out. This drains my battery.
Also, when i connect the positive pole it immediately arcs and starts cycling the glow plug relay unit ot warms and then stops cycling so that parts seems to work fine.

I have replaced the following with new parts.
Glow plug controller
Glow plug relay
All glow plugs

I think someone fooled with the wiring and its causing the controller to stay on.
Any suggestions neutralizing this gremlinScreenshot_20220703-165039_Gallery.jpg?

Barrman

You are correct that someone switched some wires around. Probably. You are going to have to look up the wiring diagram in the back of the -20 TM and follow each wire going to and from the controller and relay. Something isn’t hooked up correct.

cucvrus

That blue wire you are showing us is for the fuel pump for the diesel fired rear heater in an M1010. It is just hanging there unused on any other CUCV models. Except with a rear fired heater and under hood heater that comes with a CUCV winterization kit. Good Luck with the issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks