• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug controller malfunction

K.B.

Sorry I’m sure this has been covered but I couldn’t find it looking on my tiny phone screen. I recently purchased a 1986 M1008 from government auction. While testing the gp controller I found it was actually triggering the solenoid but it kept kicking on and off. But functioned fine when I grounded the light blue wire. I have it bypassed with a push button switch for now but would like to get it back to original. Can someone tell me what diode or switch on the controller would be the cause for it to kick out so early and then turn on and off? Seeing as no one is making the gp card anymore.

K.B.

New cards with improved functions can be purchased at Hill Billy Wizard.
CUCV GP Card

You may also want to read up on how the controller works here:
GP Controller Theory of Operation
After watching video, so yes I knew about the on off cycle for after the original run of the plugs but it would go into the short cycle sequence right away. I do think my glow plugs might be part of the issue now that I’ve bypassed because even with it being 80f outside today still took 3 tries before it popped off