• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug sensor

l1a1man

ok I bought one of these little gems. I have followed the GP card module harnass to the end and the plug is completley diffrent. I broke out my spare wiring harnass and it has the same plug as my existing harnass. They are a single prong not a double with a round white cap at the end of the wire. I am looking on the drivers side, top of the block. Not the same?

Am I looking in the right place?

OD Iron LLC Military Vehicle Parts and Accessories

Attachments

Last edited:

ida34

It is the correct one. These are replacements. The old sensor is not made anymore. No matter what year you ask for you will get the upgraded sensor. Look closely and you will see there are actually two connectors in the old switch. check the sidewall of the inside of connection. GM sells them as a kit with the new connector. I got the connector and sensor for less than the kit from GM. I can't find the number for the connector but will try to find it and post.

Last edited:

ida34

Here is an Autozone link with the new sensor and connector. It says the new sensor is two terminal while the old sensor is one terminal. Like I already stated the old sensor was two connection with the ground making contact inside the round connector while the other connector was in the middle. This just puts both connections side by side. Look at the old harness and you will see that two wires run to the connector. The sensor does ground to the block.

Link.

ida34

Gaunt, That is the same link I posted above. Are you talking about the $94 at the top? If so, this is a glow plug controller for that year and it is not the same as the glow plug temp sensor on our trucks. The one for $24 below it is the one that replaces the temp sensor. The one for $94 IIRC is called and inhibit switch and that has several more connections. Not the same. Attached is a photo of the connector from the autozone website. This item is not used on the cucv. This is what the cucv glow plug controller replaced. If you got this to work with a cucv harness then there was cutting and splicing involved. I know it looks like the older temp sensor but up close you would see the difference. Even if it was the correct one I do not think I would spend an additional $70 to avoid cutting and splicing.

Attachments

ida34

Good to know thanks for posting. GM does not make that one anymore and just uses the new one. My local auto parts store showed the new one also. Glad to see the correct one is still available. Thanks for the info. I would rather not mess with hacking the harness.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks