• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow Plug Tests with Manual GP Button

HesseniusM1009

Saw smoke and an orange glow near the glow plug closest to the cabin on the passenger side.
At first it was thinking a fire but I’m wondering if a glow plug burnt out. I checked the troubleshooting guide (the old looking one) but it doesn’t mention a button you have to hold to warm the glow plugs. Does that mean this manual glow plug button (circled in the photo) I have was a mod?

What should I check or test prior to putting the new AC 60g glow plugs in if it has a manual glow plug button? I don’t want to swap all 8 and just have them burn out immediately if something else is wrong.

I know there should be the resistor and it looks like it goes to the solenoid but don’t they have to be under load to drop voltage? I can run a multimeter but don’t know what to check before swapping plugs. Thanks!

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Myself when checking glow plugs it's easier to leave them in. I disconnect the wire take a test light and hook the alligator clip to positive on the battery or any positive source and then with a point touch the end of the tip of the go plug and the light lights up the glow plugs good.

Last edited:

HesseniusM1009

Myself when checking glow plugs it's easier to leave them in. I disconnect the wire take a test light and hook the alligator clip to positive on the battery or any positive source and then with a point touch the end of the tip of the go plug and the light lights up the glow plugs good.
Okay, cool. I’ll do that then. Thanks!