• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plugs / Relay

ragedracer

M1009 been a little slow to start on the colder mornings here. And were only talking like ~35 degrees. Not really cold. So, I followed the wiki and first thing pulled a wire off a GP and read it with my multimeter when the key was turned on. When the relay initially clicked, I got ~23 volts, which pretty rapidly settled down to ~17 and stayed there for each additional time I cycled it. Is this normal?
I'm sure I need new GP's, since they are getting voltage. Wellman 070's right? The guy on eBay ok?

Next Q. I also read the wiki and it seems I may have the old GP relay that should have been replaced. I attached a photo below. Should I replace that relay when I replace the GP's or just leave it as is?

Attachments

ragedracer

Thanks! That will save me some dough. If you look at page one of the CUCV faq, someone posted photos and said "if your relay looks like the one in last 2 pictures, its bad". Well, mine looks like the one in the last picture.

Either way it seems to work fine, its just the glow plugs that are worn out.

rr

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks