• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plugs

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They appear to be the same product. The second link(gillis1947 ), is actually the US distributer for the Wellman products. I would buy directly from Chuck Gillis(his ebay item or from their website)

woodyNla

OK, Everything I have looked at points to the fact that the glow plugs are in fact 12V on the CUCV. I assume these are for something else?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct! The cucv glowplugs are indeed 12 volt. Search and read more(if confused)! I recenlty explained this in great detail.

Those ads are misleading. The ONLY true 24 volt gp that fits the 6.2, is the Humvee GP.

Last edited:

woodyNla

Actually Doghead, most of my info has come from your posts.....:wink: Very informative info you put out. I have realized the stock CUCV system is really simple once you actually think about it and read a little. Myself, I chose to come off the pos of the 12V side of the system with 8ga wire directly to the relay and installed a pushbutton switch. The thought of a 23 year old resistor going bad and allowing 24V to the plugs just didn't sit well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks