• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

glowplug relay

kipman

Does anybody have a spare glow plug relay for a m1009, and what volts should read on the top post, mine is 26V, with nothing on the bottom post.

Crash_AF

I got my relay from Checker (Schucks, Kragen, O-Reily)... I just asked for a glow plug relay for a 1996 Ford F350 with a 7.3 Powerstroke. Any chain parts store should be able to get you that one.

The Military relay is
GLOW PLUG RELAY
NAPA - ST85
Or
Ford Powerstroke relay
NAPA - ECHGPR110

It's hard to know what terminal is top on your relay, but if the wire goes to the resistor block on the firewall, you should have ~28VDC with the relay open. 26 sounds fine.

Did you try grounding the small terminal with the light blue wire on the relay to see if it closes? If the relay closes, the voltage should drop from ~28VDC to ~12VDC once the plugs warm up. Don't keep them on for more than 15-20 secs so you don't burn them out.

Does your WAIT dash light come on with the ignition? If so, check the location of the small orange wire on the relay. The TM wiring diagram is incorrect so the last mechanic to change the GPR may not have put it back correctly. The small orange wire should be on the glow plug side of the relay, not the resistor side. The relay will not energize with the orange wire on the wrong side.

Later,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks