• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GM 10 bolt....

1009er

Tore the rear end up on my m1009. I'm not looking to swap axles and keep it cheap. It's going up for sale after this fix. In your opinion what is the better option? Rebuilding what I have or finding a good used one. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible. Also if you have one for sale let me know

sneekyeye

Describe what exactly went wrong first. I'm not personally familiar with the axle but you'll get a better opinion if we can see what it would be to fix.

reloader64

If you're looking for cheap and fast, used assemblies are usually available at your local salvage yard. Finding one with a 3.08 gear shouldn't be a problem. What specifically did you break?

Scott

scottladdy

Don't we all know what a busted Gov-Lok looks like? I barely remember what they look like while still intact, though.
If it is the usual carrier implosion then yes. Unfortunately the OP gave us zero indication of what went wrong aside from it was torn up and then requested advice on best solve for repair that is inexpensive for a truck he is looking to sell.

We will need more details before we can provide any useful advice unless we just assume we know what went wrong.

1009er, if you are still looking for advice on how to repair your axle please provide more details as requested.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it is the usual carrier implosion then yes. Unfortunately the OP gave us zero indication of what went wrong aside from it was torn up and then requested advice on best solve for repair that is inexpensive for a truck he is looking to sell.

We will need more details before we can provide any useful advice unless we just assume we know what went wrong.

1009er, if you are still looking for advice on how to repair your axle please provide more details as requested.
He hasn't been online since posting this .

Join Date 10-28-2016 Last Activity 05-25-2017 17:56

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks