• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gm 2 1/2 ton rear axle

chopperchad

NEED HELP! .. I would like to single out my dually rear end .. I found a description online about how to do this , it looks easy . The problem I have is my drums do not have the 8 bolt center that the hub bolts to. My hub slide thru the drum and uses the wheel studs to connect the drum and hub . The outer flange on the end of axle shaft has the loop on it That shows when you look at wheel . do I need to get different drums ? If so where? Or is there another way to do this ? My hubs are taped on inside to allow this flip .. any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The description on flipping the hubs was probably for the M35 axles. You will need to find a M135 and take some parts. If I remember right drums and backing plates.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Single again

What kind of truck do you have?

I don't want to make any assumptions so I assume you're talking about the M211 double dually

P7050078.jpg

and making it single like the M135 so you can go camping.

P6030884.jpgP2150361.jpg

Here's a picture from the parts manual for the different hubs. It sounds like pictures won't help this time.

P7050088.jpg

chopperchad

Thanks for response, I am talking about m211 axles . If I flip the hub I believe I have to change the backing plate to make up the difference in locating the drum . Will that make the front wheel base and rear wheel base the same width?

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the backing plate is the same??????
The piece that bolts between the drum and hub is different. See part "K" and part "N" on plowboy's previous post.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for response, I am talking about m211 axles . If I flip the hub I believe I have to change the backing plate to make up the difference in locating the drum . Will that make the front wheel base and rear wheel base the same width?
The rim on the M135 actually makes the rears narrower than the front. It's done that way so the rears don't follow in the same track as the front which improves mudinability. Read that in the Tms.......Doghead made me.

The smaller off-set looks better on the 135 so you may need M135 parts but I'm thinking you could just run your outside single and still have the wider stance......unless you're changing to wider rubber......

Where's your camera? lol. What kind of rubber are you running?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks