• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GM's first Diesel Engine

rustystud

A while back someone mentioned that the 6.2 was GM's first 4 stroke diesel engine. I said it wasn't but could not remember the engines name. Well here it is.

View attachment Scan0223.pdf

The Toro-Flow started development in 1953 and was put into production in 1964. It also used a American Bosch PSJ injection pump. Similar to the Multifuels PSB pump. I worked on a few of these back in the day. It's good to know that my mind has not totally gone yet.

diesel583

Thanks I missed that one, but I was working for an Oldsmobile dealer when they got the 350 and 260 diesels. I was the only one in the shop that had any diesel experience, so I had more than 3 people could do.

Lionel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a truck with one of those 350 Olds conversions. Very prone to head cracks. Must have replaced three in 50,000 miles. I still have 2 spare IP's. Never heard of the Toro before. Learn something new every day.

Last edited:

Gunzy

A friend of mine has a 478 in his garage he is going to give to another friend for a rat rod project. It only needs crank bearings due to the rear one being cracked.