• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goin Price for an auction M35?

Crank

Howdy, I'm new here, not quite so new to .mil trucks, once upon a time I had a M886 I bought, rebuilt the transmission, put a second hand carb on, got 'er running right and promptly got rid of it, because my at the time girlfriend(Now wife) said it was ugly.

So now I'm looking seriously at getting a M35 multifuel from GL, but for one, I dont know how the heck those sites work, and two, what exactly is the going price for these beasts in stock form from the gov auctions? I dont need any fancy winch or heater or any crazy stuff, just want a flat bed in the rear, 10 tires and it to have most of the required parts.
Does being active duty have any perks when it comes to dealing with the auction folks? I'd imagine it makes it easier to get on base but thats probably it. lol. Thanks folks
Brandon

Crank

Now why go an try to spoil my plans? Let me deal with her. lol. I think it had to do with the fact that I had a 77 M886, which wasnt tagged and I couldnt even drive myself to work(I was 17) and it did slightly look like I was gonna jump out of the back and rape someone. I think she's a bit more understanding that I want a toy, and I got a 01 2500 Silverado now for dependable transportation.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just so you know, posting auctions is not looked on highly here. Also I doubt many guys here will like to do your homework for you. Sounds to me like you need to ask for permission first anyway.

Crank

Well I already planted the bug earlier today, before she left back for Kentucky. But I'm just trying to see what kind of prices these trucks are going for, I dont want to step on anyones toes by posting an auction link, but its not my auction, I'm not gaining anything, I'm just wondering by reading everyone buying auction trucks here on this site, that someone may have a bit of insight of how these auctions work, as well as how to go about it, or whatever... But I'm not asking anyone to do my homework for me, if people wouldn't mind sharing their experiences with me or their knowledge, I'd appreciate it, if they do, that is completely their perogative. I've always wrenched on vehicles and with that came helping people out, especially among military folks such as myself and people on this site I'm sure.
Either way, know of any good deals in the Cincy area? I'm from Florence, KY during the holidays.

gimpyrobb

Basicly, find a truck the way you want, and bid what your willing to pay, then don't look back. There is no way to snipe on GL. There might be some available here, but I need to ask the guys that own them.

Rebelpride

My 2cents, you have to register an account with a credit card with GL, then you bid like ebay but theres a 15 min. dead time after a bid during closing. Like others have said and what I do is find trucks that are located within resonable distance from your location, study the pics intently then bid your max and like gimp said dont look back, least till 6pm. As for posting current or upcoming auctions its not favorable, but most everybody already knows whats coming up and when.

gimpyrobb

With as goofy as GL is, we can tell you our experiances, and they will all be different. It is a crap shoot when you deal with them.

Crank

Well I appreciate your input, and if I bid on trucks that I find at Lejeune, I can go check them out personally, which would hopefully prevent me from getting screwed, maybe even lot drive the trucks to check their roadworthyness.

wiggall

GL does not want you to start the trucks or do a test drive, until you own the truck. I paid $1,550.00 for a 1968 M35A2 W/W at Ft. Lewis in April, but they had a bunch of trucks at that time. FTG2 Wiggles USS EDSON DD 946 1969-1973

Hey Brandon,
First of all, welcome to SteelSoldiers! We're all glad to have you here. And, if you're active duty, then thank you for your serving. You are our hero.
Second, just to be sure that all of us newbies remember to follow the rules of the land, we must not post of upcoming auctions regardless, I suppose, of their size and obscurity. We don't want to get anyone PO'ed because he thinks he is the only one who knows of the auction, and was planning to get a good deal....
BUT NOT NOW!....THANKS TO YOU! lol aua
Don't worry about it... you're not the first and you won't be the last..
I think it's an ongoing joke of sorts here.
Who's going to post the next one?
Anyway, just be careful of what is posted. Read the requirements.
Good luck now on your bidding.
Once again, WELCOME!

Bill

SouthTexasDiesel

I just purchased my M35 through a private seller, from StreetBikeDepot who posted above. You can expect to pay more for the truck but you can get a better idea of what you're buying. I'm nowhere near a base that's in the GL auctions so a private sell was in my best interest. I can honestly say I love the truck I got, it's in amazing shape and drives like a champ.

wsucougarx

Don't wait around to buy a deuce thru GL. They are starting to dry up or have been drying up. I just jumped on the OD band wagon 2 months ago. Got use to seeing 12-15 truck per auction and now....nothing

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I just bought a M109A3 at Ft Riley from GL along with 2 other guys from the KC chapter. We went out last Tuesday to get them. All had way dead batteries, but brought new with us, 2 need brakes bleed all started but the desert on was missing the shaft between transfer and transmission and head lights so it went on the trailer. The left one was $525.00 with rusted doors, mine in the middle was $1025 hot straight and normal, Desert $825 with the above flaws. The vans seem to go for less than the cargos.

Attachments

FrankUSMC

Crank
I am down the road from you, and have been buying from DRMO for about 35 years. I have about 5 M35s here if you want to stop by and show the Bride what you are thinking of getting. You might see something else here you like more......
You are lucky, the GL guys here are great to work with. Good bunch of Joes.
I will PM you my phone number.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Crank

Hey Frank, thanks for the offer, I may come down and check your collection out anyway, maybe you can give me some pointers to check out when I'm ready to start bidding on one... Also, I'm not familiar really with cities, newport, where is that in relation to say, swansboro and hubert?

As for the auctions, sorry I didnt realize the GL auctions were kinda on the ban list, I've seen numerous people talk about them, so I thought it was fine, but maybe not the exact link. I've been on alot of forums where as long as you arent posting the link for self gain its ok, but I now understand why its frowned upon.

And yes, I'm an active duty Marine stationed at MCAS New River, I'm an V-22 Osprey Airframe Mechanic. Marines got me for 2 more years, and I aint been anywhere yet, might as well have a hobby I can spend my time on.

Thanks all