• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going price on feild stoves?

EO2NMCB

Yes DH i did search, found a good thread about the M1959 field stoves that was very useful. Did not find any info pertaining to going prices, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 5 or 6 in OKC. No pots or utensils. I'll make you a deal on them. Send me a PM

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I paid attention to their prices they were going for about $100 each, but that was 10 or 12 years ago.

rlwm211

I just picked up a 1941 Type II stove at Redball's Jim Thorpe Swap meet with all the pieces and parts for $125. I got this to use in my GP Small tent. I have not had time to try it out yet.
This is the round stove.

The 1959 is the rectangular box stove that operates pretty much in the same manner.

I have the TM (PDF) if you need it for the Stove BTW.

EO2NMCB

Thanks Cjcottrill, I'm looking for the M1959 stove. I found one close on CL, but the seller wants 400.00 for it, just a little too much.

cjcottrill

My bad, the M1959 field range. The local surplus shop had one two weeks ago when I was there. They are going out of buisness the end of the month and have been reducing prices. It's still unreasonably high, I seem to recall 600.00. I'll stop in at the last minute and see what deals are left.

rlwm211

I apologize also as I thought it was a field stove or heater you were looking for.

I knew of a few for sale last year in the summer in Connecticutt if I am not mistaken. That is a pretty long distance from you and I am not real sure how affordable it would be to ship one to IL.

If I come accross one I will let you know.

Vintage iron

When I bought my house it came three Artic stove new in the box. The kind that folds up into itself and you can burn feul in them too. I sold them for $20. buck each! aua This was before I caught the OD bug!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M-59 field range with all accessories is worth $400, delivered. That's with two big pots (10 and 15 gallon), the cradle and their lids, two baking sheets, the square roasting pan and lid, the knives (6) and the utensils (15+). I've gotten them for as little as $100 each from GL (2 to 4 in a lot).

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought one from a private party for $200.00. I think he paid $150 from GL but he went 200 miles and got it. Make sure it is complete as SCSG-G4 states. I have seen a number at GL that had been robbed of parts and accessories, imagine that.