• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to look at my first m923 today. What do I need to be aware of?

1Sinner

It's a 1990 BMY non red river truck. Looking to purchase and turn into a monster tow pig/adventure camper. Its titled, plated, and seems to be solid. But, I have never owned a heavy truck before. What are some dead stops on a 5 ton? What little things should I check? I'm a solid mechanic but am unfamiliar with the platform.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tire sidewall cracks mean blowout eminent and subtract cost of 7 tires from selling price.

1Sinner

Took about an hour and a half to go through the truck, everything works, trans and transfer case shift well, all fluids look good, engine was cold and started well, got to do a road and offroad test. All lights work, air system is solid. Needs front axle seals and will need tires soon. He agreed to a 2k price reduction for tires and seals. I will be picking it up next week as he is local to me. Will shortly be doing timing change, fuel button and charge air cooler (have a leftover one from my 7.3 diesel build. Plans are to build a custom RV enclosure for the tractor and remove the bed and turn it into a vehicle hauler. Seems a very solid truck to start with. I'm excited.