• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gonna add deep pan

rickf

The fluid will be fine but how are you going to drain the convertor? If you do not drain it then you will be mixing in the 5 or 6 quarts of regular transmission fluid with the trick shift. As long as they are compatible I see no problem but it is going to be close to a 50/50 mix. Kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

Rick

JVK12280

i can drill hole in convertor to drain,and pop rivet shut, or just run a 50/50 mix,just wondering what guys are running in their in th400s ?
its a lot easier to just pump trans out thru cooling lines after pan replacemt, converter is last stop before cooling system on all transmissions.

Croatan_Kid

I've run off the shelf Type F fluid in several GM autos that I've built. It works very well and delivers a noticeably firmer shift. If you read the back of the B&M bottle, it'll say meet or exceed Type F specs. Sorta sounds like it's re-labeled Type F to me. Nay-sayers will probably say it'll ruin a GM trans, etc, and I'm aware it has different friction modifiers in it, but all of my builds were complete, new, aftermarket upgraded parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks