• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good and bad at Barstow

jason@snakeriver

I hired a trucker who is very famililar with getting large trucks out of Barstow. This time, he said it is getting worse for the ability of the GL employees to lend any assistence in loading.
He said that Tim still deserves kudos as a very helpful person, but that his hands are being further tied by GL and the Gov't people sitting across the road at the military base.
GL still uses the chicken s--t disclaimer that "buyer loads" but GL is very slow in ever getting a loading ramp on their side of the road.
The military guys on the other side of the road are now refusing to let anyone use their loading ramp, and sit there and watch dog the GL employees that they do not do anything outside of their realm of expertise in order to assist truckers in the loading of vehicles.
This is gov't BS and waste and imcompetance at it's greatest.
At such a large base as this, handleing this many vehicles. A loading ramp and a means of towing "dead" vehicles is way past due.
I paid out an additional $300.00 to hire an off base wrecker to assist.
I am sure this will fall on deaf ears. Come on GL, lets get in the real world.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks