• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

good either injector.

Looking for a good either injector, like they use on farm tractors, for cold starting. I will rig a manual glowplug warmer, and install this. The 1009 was balky today at 0 degrees, we see -40 at times.
Also, the manual glow plug install sticky should be brought forward from the old site. Also a rundown on the glowplug voltage resistor and relay, please.
I'd still like to learn about properly grounding the electrical on these. Where should I run ground cables to make everything bullet proof?
Added a $30.00 buck center console from wlmart today, makes a nice addition, cup holders, storage, etc. Gonna add an ammo box for a stereo, switch panel, gauge cluster also.

devilman96

Either + 6.2 = nice boom boom... guarenteed... every time!

Get a block heater...

Leave the glow plug controller intacked... Seriously... I don't know why everyone wants to reinvent the wheel here with glow plugs lately. If you just maintain it the stock system will work flawlessly forever!!! If it is starting slow something is wrong and I'll guarantee its not the controller. To cold, bad plug, crappy starter, etc, etc... Controllers worky.. or no worky.

The resistor is in the TM... A proper run down is several hundred words / 8000+ characters, it's already written, please go read it especially sense most whom are paying attention to the CUCV forum can't tell you the difference between a glow plug and a spark plug. I.E. the answers your going to get are probably going to be wrong.

You don't need to add grounding cables... The M998's had issues with those, not the CUCV where a updated grounding kit was issued. The grounds "as is" are fine, as long as they are in good conducting order.

If it ain't broke... seriously... DON'T!

Westech

CPL
I would get a block heater also. Im with Dman on this one. Now I have used a spray of the boy scout juice and not had a problem. But the 6.2 really does not like the stuff. My 09 does not have a block heater yet but with the glow plug system working as it should it has started at 20* with out even touching the gas peddal. If things are working it will start at low temps, but with a block heater it will always start even at -20*. I hade a 08 and never ever had a problem in the wisconsin winter with a block heater.

I don't have an extension cord that'll reach to where I work.
I wonder how fast a deep cycle and inverter would drain on a block heater?
I really don't want to be stranded, without anywhere warm to stay. It has to start.
I was also considering a butane camp heater to place under the hood for an hour before I have to start it, but a shot of ether is a lot easier.

Westech

CPL
well a block heater is 600 watts at 120 volts so I dont think you will get much heat out of a converter and all that jazz. if your really worried about it get your self a 99$ generator and a block heater. Be cheaper then getting a converter and batteries ect... you would just have to start the gen set up and let her run for a hour or so with the block heater plugged in. and the little gen would sip the fuel.

http://shortlinks.net/vqu448

and I have seen them for 100 bucks all day long.

Last edited:

devilman96

I don't have an extension cord that'll reach to where I work.
I wonder how fast a deep cycle and inverter would drain on a block heater?
I really don't want to be stranded, without anywhere warm to stay. It has to start.
I was also considering a butane camp heater to place under the hood for an hour before I have to start it, but a shot of ether is a lot easier.
You need to hunt down the artic kit for the truck...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
or buy a decent civy gas blazer and paint it od!:razz:

Any 20 year old or more vehicle will leave you stranded in the cold, sooner or later. Remember the military travels in numbers for good reasons! (jump start the cucv's)

Last edited: