• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good enough for the military, good enough for you

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's very cool to find. The one 09 used after the intro was early production or prorotype. It had 7" wide rims.

tim292stro

'80 for me. I would've been in the back seat, but it still would've been awesome - except the tube socks, and really short shorts, and a tucked-in shirt, and the hair... but it would've been awesome. Funny how I coveted those when I was a kid, and now I'm building a "new" 30 year old truck...

turnkey

Ah to be young again....the 80's so much fun...57 Belair 2 door hardtop.....Beer in one hand smoke in the other ....gas less a dollar a gallon....Then it all came down with a flash.....Lets go Back to the Past.

bchauvette

Did you notice the guys jumping out of that tree house on stilts? Been there done that :). Some how I cut my ear open. They didn't appreciate me bleeding all over their equipment. But I digress.

Skinny

Probably because they never work or work well for an extended period of time. I also believe that by design lag in transferring power when going from drive to reverse or reverse to drive along with providing no engine braking.

Madmedic

Oh Lord!!! THE PLAID!! THE PLAID!!! Enlisted in January of 80, so I thankfully missed the "Preppie" era of clothing fashion. Anyone catch what the flash was on the black beret's? I was a Black Hat at Benning, and I remember something about them filming a commercial at Benning in 84/85 Time frame, but didn't participate or observe personally.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah that's Benning. Thought is was Hood by the terrain, but they don't have a jump school there that I know of, so I was confused.

Madmedic

Actually,,,, in the 80's,,, they DID. It was a hold over from Viet Nam times. It was officially closed in 1985. That's why I was wondering if anyone was able to identify the Beret Flash. NDT, looking at the footage, I was thinking your area for the shots with the low water crossings etc. Looked A LOT like Eagle Ranch, Eagle Nest area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks