• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Good Pickup at Little Rock

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pick up my first Deuce with a box on the back, turns out it was cheaper to buy a truck with storage than put up a small shed to house my junk, so the truck was free! GL in Little Rock is great, Sherman is a pleasure to work with. We were picking up our Deuce when we met a another father and son team doing the same thing, Ted and Ed Applegate from Fort Smith were there to pickup their first Deuce. After all the checks were done we convoyed back to Russellville with out a hitch, nice when a pickup goes right for a change.
James G.

Attachments

dburt

What a weak argument- "it was cheaper then putting up a shed"?? Did your wife or significant other buy that:?: Sounds like someone wanted a deuce pretty bad, and is trying to justify it by "saving money instead of building a storage shed"! Well, let me know if that argument flies, maby I can try it on my wife. Hey, I really could use the extra storage too!!:-D (Man, I really want a M109:!:)

waayfast

HEY!!,Whats that 8 wheel APC thingy-go-bob!!??? A109 would be cool but the sled in the #7 photo would be even more better---too bad we cant bid on that!!:drool: If the neighbor is upset with the Duece just think of their dispair if the apc showed up in the ol' driveway:p

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The LAV is set up as a NBC sniffer! I guess they were using it down at the arsenal in Pine Bluff, the arsenal is responsible for disposal of all of our chemical weapons stockpiles. As of the 900 series maint and wreckers they will be claimed by forestry and have the beds scraped and water tanks added., our firemen have a hard time driving anything without automatic transmissions.
James G.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For a second, I thought that your Deuce was a camouflaged combat vehicle...way cool...until I realised that the interior shot is not from the Deuce box, but from the LAV!

just like most fire dept's the one i was on was same way if it was manual it sat still had a 5 ton and tanker for 3 years would not use it because the asssssttant cheif did not not how to drive it so he made all kinds of exxcusses as to not put it to use sad dept.