• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goodyear Wrangler R/T II's Balancing Beads

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the 8 lug Hummer H1 wheels with the Goodyear wrangler bias ply 36 inch tires. I know the stories about the ride ect. but has anyone tried to use the balancing beads like these: Tire Balancing Products

the tire chart says to use 8oz in these size tire what do you guy's think? Will it make a difference? How else to balance these tires? :-D

jimbob1111

Hi
I used to run those tires on my 78 Chevy K20. I never used the runflat, just used a regular 16.5 wheel.
I would mount and inflate the tire, mark wheel and tire to match up as best as possible on bubble balancer.
Then set weights on the tire out by the tread to balance on the bubble balancer. Whatever amount of weight I had to set on tire to balance, I would put that amount of weight in beads inside the tire.
It worked well, I just took a few seconds to balance out when you start rolling. I guess it would work with the runflat still in there. You need to check inside the tire for sticky goo/ sealer first.
James