• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got her painted! And I have a question.....

KamikazeKunze

Hey all,
Finally got her painted. Now for touch up and such. The old man that had this had a 110v a/c unit on the passenger side of the overhead a/c. It didn’t work so I pulled it out and installed a 8x16 inch basement window vertically.....side benefit????? When it’s open it forces the air from the box to the cab!!! May get a/c in the cab after all.

and that brings me to my question.....anyone know what type of refrigerant is used in the CUCV’s? R12?

I guess it used to work but the compressor doesn’t kick on so I think I need a recharge.

thanks all
1C5271BD-F308-418A-88D6-C25662335A2B.jpg

KamikazeKunze

Thanks. No. My uncle is a painter by trade and he sprayed a construction trailer he has 10 years ago in Liquid Vinyl exterior paint and it’s held up really good. Heard of others using Baer paint as well. So I grabbed a color deck and settled on Sherwin Williams 6181 Secret Garden.... it’s about a half shade darker than the original OD Green.