• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my 1031s

dependable

Got my 1031s last week. Bought mid august, took this long for EUC, One is complete except missing Gov Circuit On switch on dash. would like to buy one. Or at least see picture of one from back. Looked a schematic from door, know that it is S 1 and has 3 wires. The other truck was used as parts truck, but mainly compete. Got it running after replacing several basic 6.2 parts & wires. Runs and looks like new engine by the way, for anyone assuming that parts donor trucks are junk. Always check oil. Truck 2 was drained dry. Glad I checked it. The govenor, mounting plate, wires and dash controls ares gone. If anyone has these for sale, or a sorce, please pm me. I was wondering if anyone ever put a mechanical gov one of these. One would need a tach, a dashboard throttle control knob and a belt driven flyball govenor. Set hand throttle to desired rpm and set govenor, Set up a chevy engine on a tree chipper once this way.

Attachments

xm708

I just set one upfor my freing george manieri as they has stole his generator switch too. I just bought a three position switch and followed the diagram on the door and it worked fine after I found the switch for the drive indicator under the steering coloum in the engine compartment not making contact when tranny was in drive so once I figured out that it works fine. There is a time delay on ramp up of the rpms and it is cointrolled by one of the blue boxes in the generator compartment. The only oother thing by the generator switch was 2 indicator lights on the dash..

good luck and read the diagram it does work as I am usually electrically illiterate !!!

ed:D

Crash_AF

All residue (parts) vehicles are supposed to be completely drained of fluids before turn in to DRMO. Make sure you check the bottom of the power steering pump for a punch hole (that's how they drained the two parts trucks I bought) and the transmission pan.

Later,
Joe

dependable

To answer WARWAG, they came from the tip of Maine to Cape Cod Mass, 600 some miles. Trucking cost $2,300, same charge for 1 or 2 trucks, (that's how I talked myself int buying 2). The EUCs on these took that long, but a blazer I bought last month cleared in 2 weeks, and these still did not clear. Entered a 'ticket' at Battle Creek, which may have helped. I was afraid they were going to clear after they were snowed in and I couldn't get anyone to get them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks