• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my first Deuce.

gulfstream driver

I will be going to Forest Park Thursday to pick up my first Deuce. Hopefully it will go well if not does any one have a place it could be parked until a recovery truck can get there?
Thanks,

Bill W

Well
I'm about 19 miles west off exit 205 & I-75 ( zip 30205) if you start heading back and have problems you can drop it off here. Its a little off the beaten path but It'll be safe...that is unless your truck has a nice cargo top:mrgreen:

Heavysteven

Be prepared a break down in Forest Park would not be fun. The southside of Atlanta ie Forest Park and College Park is the bad side of town. Crime in that area is high.

It's been extremely cold here so good batteries and clean fuel are going to be critical.

Good luck and be safe

lonegunman

My brother lives south of there and is freezing his butt off. He has six acres of parking if you need help, PM me for details.

I picked a deuce out of there last April and they were very nice to deal with. If it is running and off the lot there is plenty of parking if you head straight out of the DRMO lot and turn left past the row of wearhouses. You can spend a little quality time adjusting mirrors, airing tires and getting things sorted out and not bother a soul.

I think if you go out the gate and just up to the left there is a fueling station with diesel and air as well. That is a high crime area, there are close freeways and plenty of 4 and six lane surface streets to get you away from there and on the way home.

If you are driving it all the way to Florida, maybe an overnight in GA before heading home would be best? I cannot commit my bro to work, but he was a heavy truck wrench in the army and has been an ASE certified everytrhing related to trucks ever since. In a pinch he might be able to lend a hand or at least get you parked well south of Atlanta for the night.

bratpackdad

Congrats on the truck. I agree, be prepared for a break down. I would be shocked if something did not go; BOOM or SNAP or CRACKLE or POP or CRUNCH or.....that's all I can think of. Bring tools and an even temper.

Maxwell1815

Good luck with it. I had a good recovery, Thank you Lord! And I hope all goes well with yours. And I am sure it will, just go prepared for anything, I don't know where your coming from, but if Lima Ohio is close or if your passing by, feel free to park it behind my garage if need be...But i doubt im close by. Good luck and be safe! And remember...if all else fails..:deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks