• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my SEE

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I’ve been trying for the most part of the day to bleed the brakes. I got a sprayer and filled it with a gallon of purple dot 5. Went to the master cylinder bleed nipples and connected the sprayer. Went to the rear tire and opened the bleed screw and … nothing. Cleaned out the bleed screw- no result. Went on the pass side by the torque tube and there is , what looks to me like a proportionate valve with a bleed nipple. I got fluid to come out of there. With a bunch of gunk. Bleed it until I got fresh fluid. I connected the pressure bleeder to the bleed screw on the rear wheel and I get fluid coming from the fitting by the brake caliper. I cracked the fitting by the axle open and I was also able to get fluid from there. But not from the master all the way back to the wheel.
The tm talks about a test port on the driver side. I can see it but cans acess it, do I have to have the cab up to get to it?
Any chance that the brake line to the rear axle is pinched or kinked somewhere along the frame?

319cssb

Any chance that the brake line to the rear axle is pinched or kinked somewhere along the frame?
I am thinking more along the lines of a valve being rusted shut somewhere between master cylinder and wheels. I’ll have a closer look at the ALB tomorrow.
5F420A9F-08AA-4A2F-B378-CB2193D33E44.jpeg

Last edited:

319cssb

While I was probing around I found a rubber hose that connects to a junction and then to the proportionate valve. I have a feeling it is going to be sealed shut.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
While I was probing around I found a rubber hose that connects to a junction and then to the proportionate valve. I have a feeling it is going to be sealed shut.
Bad, but at least you found a good potential spot for the problem. Maybe it can be marked clearly, maybe even "pictured" really well or the ports "wired" with colored wire on both sides or even colored yarn will work. Then maybe remove the valve and hopefully clean it up. Could be that aluminum inside more aluminum has corroded over the years of sitting - waiting for you to show up and fix her...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks