• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

got the bug i think

maritimer

well i bought my first MV in dec as an xmas gift to myself after a nasty seperation/divorce in the process. it was an M1009 CUCV as a Daily driver well after putting it through hell since i havce gotten it and not broken anything as a result of anything besides age, i have decided i need to get me a duece. actully 2 of them , reason for two is i want to use them as plow trucks and winch trucks. so heres a couple of question for you duece guys that have some time behind the wheels.
1. what kinda issues might i be looking at in regards tyo getting a plow installed.
2. how much can be pulled with the duece winch *theres a big market around for trucks that can pull stuck trucks/heavy equipment out of mudd,sand and work sites*
3. *this one is more for any canucks on here* where cani find 2 duces with winches on this side of the border or how hard is it gonna be to get 2 dueces into canada *properly*

yes i relize that with MV's you need a sort of finesse with tools and machine so i guess it helps to be a former diesel mech turned driver turned boss/company owner LOL
oh and btw for any of you guys with girlfriends this question is for you.
well my current girlfriend is also going to be driving the prospective duece and i was wondering what kinda mod's upgrades i might need to make to make it a tad easier for her to steer. as she is only used to powersteering on the OTR big rigs so the armstrong steering might be a tad difficult for her to handle

Armada

well my current girlfriend is also going to be driving the prospective duece and i was wondering what kinda mod's upgrades i might need to make to make it a tad easier for her to steer. as she is only used to powersteering on the OTR big rigs so the armstrong steering might be a tad difficult for her to handle
Get her an 800 series 5T. They have PS.

Deuce winches are rated at 10,000lbs, a snatch block will double the load. They are a capable winch, but unless you are making a straight on pull, you will have issues with stacking and binding the cable, and shearing pins. A 5T winch is rated 20,000 lbs and a line tensioner and leveler can be added to help with the stacking problem.

davidkroberts

if you go to the hot rodding and modifications thread and type in power steering you will find out. I cant remember the company offhand..... sorry

dave in tenn

CanadaDeuce

maritimer

Welcome ...... great site but you already know this !

Im way east in BC also getting ready for my 1st deuce, should be fun,cany wait to get sanding and painting those wonderfull Military colors as seems Ive taken a lliking to flat colors .

Well keep us in the loop from the east

CanadaDeuce