• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

got the tires on

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That really looks good.

M1075

I think you should flip the wheels around in the rear to widen the stance more and give the tipper more stability. You might be asking for problems with the current setup.

halftrack

M1075 said:
I think you should flip the wheels around in the rear to widen the stance more and give the tipper more stability. You might be asking for problems with the current setup.
Ditto: Flip the rims in the rear.

CGarbee

RE: Re: RE: got the tires on

I’d flip the rears and get a wider stance, especially if you plan on working the truck... I've been on too many projects where a tipper has tipped over and the side slope involved wasn't that great, but the truck became imbalanced and just rolled over to the side... It's not only embarrassing, but a tad messy when you side dump a bunch of stone or soil from an endump...

Having a wider stance in the rear should help give you a more stable platform when dumping...

Keep a good eye on your tire air pressure as well...

Those tires do look mighty nice, I'm envious. :)