• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got to wind the OA331 out today.

Barrman

Now that I am back from a wonderful 2 weeks of driving the M715 around in Colorado. I get to play with the Gasser again. So far, I have only driven it around town and short distances. I needed a road test to a location that could help me if I had troubles. Pistolnut lives 30 miles away and fit the bill perfectly.

Colton and I started out Friday morning to his place. We made it about 8 miles before the engine died. I spent 30 minutes tinkering trying to find the problem when it fired up and ran great. We headed back for home. It died a few miles from home. A 20 minute wait had it running again until we almost got in my driveway. 15 minutes later and it died almost all the way in my shop. Another rest and it was parked. I figured bad coil. The only spare coil I have is from my 1953 parts truck. I put that on last night.

Today, we tried the trip again. It ran great. wound out in 5th gave me an indicated 55-60 depending on hills. I thought that was great until my GPS started working and said we were actaully going 63-68 mph. Wow! does that thing scream.

It also used a lot of fuel up and got up to around 220 degrees on the gauge. We tightened the alternator belt up some and ran an indicated 40-45 on the way home. The fuel gauge didn't even move for the 30 mile trip.

Now I have a few oil leaks to stop and a bunch of fluids to check. Overall, I am amazed at how well that gas engine moves the truck down the road.

jatonka

OA-331

I have loved my gas powered deuces since I got the first one. They have more power, are quieter, steer easier, and go faster than the multifuel powered deuces. And now gas is cheaper than diesel. Reos Rule

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks