• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gotta Get a towbar!

vbrescueman

Hey guys... I'm in need of ya'lls help!
I am the proud owner of two new (to me ) deuces down near Ft. Bragg, N.C. and need to get my hands on a towbar ASAP. The owner has been very gracious w/ me as I am out of the area lately but I have to get them moved now. :shock: Thanks in advance! I am willing to buy one if need be.
Thanks, :wink:
Doc
757-822-0317
vbrescueman@excite.com

FrankUSMC

You might want to try Garbee I have given him a couple. I have two down here that I plan on selling but I was wanting to dig all the adaptors that go with them and sell them as a set.
If you want to borrow one of mine you are welcome to it.
One of the few, Frank
PS I will be making a run up I95 next week end to maryland.

CGarbee

So, you need help moving those two trucks from Fayetteville??? When???
Long way to tow them flat from Fayetteville to Chesapeake, but it can be done... I've got two towbars, only one with the correct ends (one of them actually is Kenny's, but he has not picked it up yet...).
Email me if you need help...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of that towbar, Of course I still want it and need to settle up with you when you come up with some kind of price. Is it in the way, do I need to move it right away. If not it might keep till Aberdeen! What do ya think?

vtdeucedriver

I was driving the deuce 4 yrs ago after a parade. I pulled into a gas station and as I got out a guy pulled up and asked me if I needed a towbar for one. I told him that it just so happens that I dont have one and that i want one. He told me that he had one that he bought for moving trucks but never used it cause it was just too big and he would be willing to sell it to me for the sum of $75.00. So I said sure and we exchanged info on where it was at his work and a phone number. So I waited about 2 weeks before calling him back. He told me to just go get it at his work and give the money to his boss.
So I went there and met his boss and sure enough, it was a medium military tow bar. Complete with the right ends for towing a deuce. It also was complete with the decal on it. So we loaded it in my Chevy and I took my towbar home. Not bad insurance for 75 bucks.

CGarbee

Kenny,
Your towbar is not in the way at all, it is stacked under a M38 (keeps it handy and out of the rain...).
You will be amazed at how affordable it is...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks