• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gov liq. question

covert

I won a 3kw gen yesterday. The ad said diesel gen. the description below said diesel, but I noticed on where the NSN is it says "Generator Set Gasol" So I'm wondering what it is. Its a 4.5 hr drive to Ft. Reily. what your opinion/ expeirence? Do I take it or tell e'm to shove it? If it is in fact a gasoline gen. Thanks in advance

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a pic? If it was misrepresented you can probably get out of it. Frankly it's on you if you failed to inspect or confirm what you were bidding on.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From GL terms and conditions ;
  1. PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS: The information and descriptions found in the advertising materials for specific sales are not guaranteed. We neither assume responsibility nor make any warranty regarding the sale's contents. Condition codes, National Stock Numbers (NSN), Local Stock Numbers (LSN), National Item Identification Numbers (NIIN), and Scrap Condition List (SCL) codes are provided as received from the DLA Disposition Services as assistance to our customers. We do not guaranty the accuracy of this information. It is your responsibility to verify an item's information and description, including but not limited to, product condition, estimated weight, count, measure or other factors that determine the bid price. Information provided by us is not guaranteed and should not be considered as a substitute for your due diligence and physical inspection of the property.
If you didn't inspect , it's still yours .

goldneagle

I remember a couple of years ago GL had a bunch of reconditioned gen sets that said they were converted to diesel. Maybe your was as well.

Isaac-1

Chances are it is a MEP-016c gasoline generator that was converted to a MEP-016d by replacing the gasoline engine with a 1 cylinder Diesel, often times the data plates were not changed. I just bought a couple of them last month from GL with the listing the other way around, listed as gasoline, but obviously diesel yanmar in the photo. An easy way to tell is the Yanmar's have a modern recoil pull starter, the old gasoline units had a manual wrap around pull rope pulley on the end.

Ike

p.s. if it is a MEP-016D yanmar repower, they are great little units, but I am not sure I would drive 4.5 hours for one, you might look into logistics shipping services as the repowers only weigh about 280 pounds.

Last edited:

covert

Thanks for the insite. GL has ya by the balls. especially when some site are too far to drive to instect in person. I'll go get it and the other one I won and call it a day. It might be a converted diesel.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Show us the pics and we'll tell you what it is.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yanmar diesel

MEP-016D

covert

UAA The idea was if they said it was diesel and I was bidding for a diesel, and it really was a gasoline engine, they would refund my money.

PeterD

UAA The idea was if they said it was diesel and I was bidding for a diesel, and it really was a gasoline engine, they would refund my money.
Actually, that's a nope... Auction terms clearly state as-is, where-is, you must inspect and the description is only as a guide, not authoritative.

AFAIK, the only way to get them to refund is if something happened after inspection (such as someone coming in and damaging the item, or removing part of it) and you can prove this happened. (Sometimes people go in for inspections, and take things off one item, and move them to another item to make the second item more complete...)

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gasoil

Just for Info. When buying fuel for our ships engines (Merchant Marine) we bought IFO or Intermediate fuel oil for the main engine. We bought diesel for the generator engines on many ships. In many parts of the world they called that diesel "Gasoil". In most cases it was a very clean and clear diesel oil. Kind of like gasoline and petrol, I guess. Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks