• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Governor not working on the gen-set ?

jason@snakeriver

We got the gen-set to operate on our new contract maintainence truck. We brought it up to proper speed manually and it put out the proper voltage.
When we inspected the governor, someone had disconnected the linkage from the gov to the throttle and it is missing one end. However we could not detect any movement of the governor trying to work or move back and forth.
Any ideas as to how to check to see if this governor is going to work properly ??
Anyone just running the throttle with a throttle cable ??

jbolty

FWIW, mine is not working properly either. I really want it right but it seems like the simple and commone sense solution is to add a hand throttle and a voltmeter.

diesel583

There is a inline fuse under the dash, about the light switch. It feeds from the 12v buss under the hood. It didn't have a fuse on mine , now works great.