• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Graves Mountain Rally Syria Virginia 2023

CGarbee

Revised date!!
(The Graves are hosting a trailbike "hare race" the weekend of August 18-20)

We are planning on having a trail clearing on August 26-27 (the weekend before the rally). We'll plan on meeting at the Syria Store at 8AM each morning...
We already managed to get the big stuff off the trails on Graves Mountain, so what we are going to focus on this time is cutting the branches and brambles that are hanging over the sides of the trails...
Bring your loppers, pruning saws, and hand trimmers...
Extra points if you bring your own vehicle to get up on the trails so that we can split up and go after more than one at a time...
Even more bonus points if you have a tracked skid steer with an enclosed cab (so that we can try out a trail mower...).

Call (leave a Voicemail), text, or post here, if you plan on helping out.

Thanks!

Last edited:

CGarbee

Remember that the closest fuel is 12 miles from the Lodge in Madison, so get gas/diesel on your way in....
I'm here working on getting the signs and tent up ready for everyones' arrival.... :)

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't make it this time around, we are backed up at work and we have mandatory weekends until the tickets are cleared. Have a great time, fellas, the weather is supposed to be pretty nice. I'll see you all next cycle, hopefully.

CGarbee

It's been long enough that I have almost recovered (aka, I have dug down through the pile of stuff that was waiting for me to handle when I got back to the office...)...

So, a huge thanks to all the attended and especially those that helped put the event together (Chuck, Rad, Steve, Laura, Khloe, the Graves, Robert...)...
We'll do it again next year with the same basic plan, at the same time...
If you have suggestions for next year, let me know.

Meanwhile, I have posted my photos, and a few that I collected from here and there, on the Flickr page that I use to host event photos (linked from the event website)... The direct link to this years' photos is: Collection: 2023 Graves Mountain MV/Jeep Trailrides and Rally (flickr.com)

Thanks again to all, and I hope to see everyone again next year!

CGarbee

For those of you who like to plan ahead...
The dates for the 2024 MV/Jeep Trailrides and Rally at Graves Mountain will be August 28 through September 2, 2024.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks