• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greasing help... driveshaft fittings?

realm

So I went to grease my fittings per the lubeorder TM and I can't find any fittings on the front driveshaft as indicated on page 5 on the TM.
Where in the world is the fitting or do you just shove grease all over it? :-D

Also, on the front I found 3 out of the 4 fittings on that page. I don't see one on the passenger side top. There's just a big nut with a pin through it.

M1009

Jake0147

I don't know if greasable joints are specified when the truck is built or not, but many originals and replacements are "sealed for life". There are also ones that use an inverted cup fitting (not like a conventional grease fitting) in the center of one cap on each joint. Most greasable joints of that size are like you'd expect, the regular "zerk" fitting in between two caps on the cross it's self, angled a little bit for access. If it's not greasable, there is not a way to get grease inside of it short of disassembling it, which is not prudent or practical considering the relatively low expense of replacing the joint with a greasable type if it's out anyway.