• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

greenie

trowel

heya, new greenie here, found your site while looking for mil. spec. stuff, decided to join, im hoping someone can help me,
im a collector of old iron, engines, and mil. spec things, and have deep roots in the army from family, i have two 2a016-3 military standard engine with the elactronic ignition module, one is a n.o.s., the other is used and is on a tiller, it runs good but has no idle and sounds like it has a slight sporatic miss untill i put the engine under load, i gaped the spark plugs to .025 but it stays, im feeding it ethanol gas which it does not like, when the tiller bounches hard the carberator floods the engine and i have to wait for it to settle, other then that it is a powerfull engine to have on a tiller.
im also looking for history on military standard engines, how it got started, standardized, other uses, and on the 1a08 which i will be getting soon,
any hints, tricks, and convertions i can do to this type of engine is much appreciated,
thank you in advance,
trowel

motomacguyver

When she's hopping hard, it's normal for her to misfire. Carburetors need gravity to help them work. The Pro Motocross fellow's had some problems for a few years during/after landing big jumps due to this phenomena ( now that I think of it so did the WWII fighter pilots, that's why they always roll over before going against gravity, and leading to the development of fuel injection).2cents

BTW, nice rig. Wish I had one.

Last edited:

trowel

rotary spader

thanks, it worked out well with the 2 cylinder engine convertion, that tiller has seen 3 engines, the last one whent on my plow tractor for winter, i was saving those 2 2a016 engines for the ariens tiller and ariens snowblower with a rotary mower attachment, after plowing/tilling is over before the weeds come, i'll diassemble, re-paint the tiller, then spend the summer using it as a cultivator, i will post pic.s of it set up for cultivating,
i'll post pic.s of the snowblowers engine convertions in the comming weeks,
the n.o.s. 2a016 engine should last me a long time,
trowel

trowel

mower

here it is almost done with my uncles mower deck attatched, i got my own deck but it needs cleaning/freeing up, fuel tank from a ride on mower (murry), will mow heavy wet grass in 2nd speed, 2a016 engine is a very good power unit for a mower, rope starter is on p.t.o.side now on a temp. double pulley untill i make one and a belt gaurd,

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks