• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from middle Georgia

XAV8R

Greetings from middle Georgia, y'all. I'm Mark and I'm goin' on 52. I've been lurking and reading for a little while and thought I'd say hello. I found this site looking for information about a truck I saw for sale. I was in the Guard for 15+ years and have driven 2 1/2 ton and 5 ton trucks, the CUCV's, jeeps, and Humvees. I don't have a MV yet but am saving $$$ and researching them for "one of these days". Yea, yea, I know I aint gettn any younger. I am looking forward to meeting some of y'all.
Anyways,
Pleased to meet ya.
Mark

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Come to Columbus, GA and meet some really wacked out fellers. 52 is still young:wink:

If all else fails...report to the GA Rally in October for a real hoot of a time.

Just watch out for Alabama fellers named Wreckerman:roll::cookoo:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from Ohio. I bought my first truck at age 52 (me, not the truck) and it's been downhill ever since.

You can watch out for WM at the rally but don't drink anything that Zout hands you in a jar.

zout

Welcome aboard - keep your eye on my thread - having a pig roast up here for nothing special the last Sat in April. Might be a gang up here or just me eating a lot of pig for a long time.

Bring a chair - bring a dish to pass if you can and byob

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
welcome. I'm just down the road in Warner Robins. come on down for a visit

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Accademy:cookoo: from the "Possum capitol of the world".

Zout's pig roast would be a good place to meet soe folks......followed up by a pilgrimage to the GA Rally.....the most fun you can have without taking off your britches.

Just watch out for Alabama fellers named Wreckerman:roll:

You might want to keep an eye peeled for PB too especially if he gets into Zouts Bug Juice.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
You might want to keep an eye peeled for PB too especially if he gets into Zouts Bug Juice.
Why are you always trying to scare off new folks?
He said he is 52, so I know he's been around the block a few times.

Besides...don't you guys think I have nice legs in that pic??rofl[thumbzup]:jumpin:

MADE YA LOOK:grd:

XAV8R

roflYou guys seem to have a good time. I'll try to make the get-together. I work a pretty screwed-up schedule. A different shift every two weeks, Mon-Tue off and every other Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue off. 10 hour shifts. :cookoo: At least I've got one.
I was a Huey mechanic for a while, so I aint afraid of a wrench. I'd love to get with some of y'all and turn a wrench some time. I have been known to enjoy the clear fiery contents of a mason jar from time to time. :evil: But not so much these last 20 years or so.
Getting late.
See y'all,
Mark

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
roflYou guys seem to have a good time. I'll try to make the get-together. I work a pretty screwed-up schedule. A different shift every two weeks, Mon-Tue off and every other Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue off. 10 hour shifts. :cookoo: At least I've got one.
I was a Huey mechanic for a while, so I aint afraid of a wrench. I'd love to get with some of y'all and turn a wrench some time. I have been known to enjoy the clear fiery contents of a mason jar from time to time. :evil: But not so much these last 20 years or so.
Getting late.
See y'all,
Mark
You had some of DAVES CHERRIES ??????

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from S Fla. The GA Rally is worth your time, I make the 700 mile pilgrimage every year.

sail-bum

Welcome from North Atlanta area. My advice is to make sure you have enough land before buying your first MV, somehow they multiply quickly! My father was a helicopter mechanic during Vietnam, I wish he was still with us as he would love this addiction!

1stSarge

Welcome from Ohio, Mark, as far as great people in the MV hobby, GA is the second best place in the world to live, (Ohio being first of course). Don’t pay any attention to these guys, they are all goofy, but I would probably trust any of them with anything.

--John

bkwudzhom

Welcome from Augusta! Do try to make Zouts place in Stone Mt. Here pretty quick. I'm doing my best to hit it as well as the Ga Rally in Oct. Plenty of fun, good times, good food and plenty of knowlegde free for the asking. Last years Ga Rally was my first and the wife and son tagged along. We all had a good time. We were welcomed like we had been showing up for years. Welcome again--and don't forget to put in ya leave slip for the up comming events!
--Jody

Donald Poppell

Welcome from Tennessee.

I just got my first Deuce in late February and I can't wait to hit the GA Rally. Looking forward to meeting everyone there.

I already hit the wife up for a second Deuce for a parts truck and I almost got thrown out of the car at 60 MPH. Ha Ha !!!