• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from Quebec, Canada

Boyso

Hello,

I've been lurking these forums for a little while, and have been the happy owner of a GPW for a year now.

Took a few months to start restoring it but now, its moving fast and its alot of fun :)

Bought it online in Nova Scotia and had it shipped in the middle of a snowstorm !

When I bought it
IMG_03012.JPG
As of now
IMG_04245.JPG

Etienne

jw4x4

Welcome to Steel Soldiers. Plenty of knowledge and encouragement here to keep you going. Take lots of pictures and post them here for all of us to see.

zout

Welcome to SS - looks like you have yourself a great project to get you through the long cold winter up there.
Be sure to keep the pictures coming of your build project.

oboyjohn

Hi Boyso! Fellow Canadian here from Montreal Area. Welcome to the forum. I almost had my hands on a Willys last summer but someone else grabbed it. Oh well, next time...

Boyso

Wow thanks for the replies, completely forgot to check :)

@oboyjohn : You found a willys around Montreal? I searched high and low for a year and the nearest I found was in Nova scotia. The same guy also had a Willys that was bought by a guy in Levis, Quebec :)

Boyso

Also I forgot to say, but I'm no mechanic, so if you guys see anything wrong, don't hesitate to point it out.

I've never taken a wrench to a car before so I'm really in the learning phase :)

But I love every second of it !

oboyjohn

Hi Boyso, Yep the Willys I almost got was located in the Eastern Townships out around Orford or Bromont. The guy had a small yard full of old jeeps and the Willys was the only WW2 jeep he had. He had lots of early Jeeps, CJ 4's, CJ 5's, ealy CJ 7's, M38's and I think a Postal jeep with right hand drive. The Willys was pretty rough but it appeared restorable. I was supposed to go up to see it one weekend and the owner e-mailed me back to say that someone bought it and a bunch of other loose parts he had. Maybe next time I won't be as slow out of the starting blocks!

Boyso

Wow ! sad to hear :(

I think I know the guy you're talking about, I did chat with a guy that had a "old jeep boneyard" around that area, but he didn't mention any ww2 jeep. Let's hope its getting restored and not turned into a rock-crawler!

Took me a long time to find mine, good luck with the hunt, if I see something, I'll pass the info to you

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a MLVW with a security cage. Used to lock up tools and other important stuff.
I am sure you are correct because I don't have any personal knowledge to the contrary, but I thought I read on this list that some deuces that came out somewhere (maybe HI) that were so equipped were used for prisoner transport. I believed it at the time because I had no reason not to, but that may not make sense given that they can't need THAT many prisoner transports. Is there any truth to that?