• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from Romania!

Titanium

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks now and I finally thought it's time to register. I'm planning on buying a Aro M461.. what is that, you say? It's an off-road vehicle built in post WWII Romania by ARO. Pretty much based on the Russian GAZ 69. It used to be a widely used vehicle for the Romanian Army. I attached some pictures;
aro_m461-1.jpgaro_m461-5.jpgAro-M461-M-461-C-2512-cmc.jpg

Also, my grandfather used to have a ZIL 157 that he used as a farming vehicle. I remember playing on it every time I used to visit him. Times were rough and he sold it a decade ago for the equivalent of one thousand dollars. :( Looked almost identical to this one;
474177.jpg

So yeah, that's pretty much all about me, thanks for accepting me into this forum and I hope to learn a lot about military vehicles from around the world!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site. Was in your country in '94, had a great time. Did the Vlad castle, Kastanza port (probably misspelled that), Polesti and a whole slew of other things.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from the Bluegrass State, neat truck. I have several peices of machinery manufactured in Romania, all chambered in 7.62 x .39. Good craftsmenship.