• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Grill Cover Attaching Hdwe

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey gang, I just picked up the cold weather cover (gas mask) or the grill of my deuce.
Anybody have a source for whatever hdwe is required for the proper installation?

Kenny

Dieselsmoke

Kenny, I'm out in the shop now packing some stuff up. I think I just saw a leftover install kit I had. Did you ever get your paint, I shipped it but never did check to see if it made it.

fredrader

I don't know where to get an installation kit but here is a few pics of one and the instructions.. It has 6 springs that goes with it too but they are attached to my cover so I didn't get a pic of them..You could make the parts easy enough if you can't find a kit..Let me know if you need any more info on it..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, I'm so sorry, I did get the paint Sir, many thanks! What do I owe you for it? Thanks for the tips guys, I should be able to work on it from here!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Because its sinister looking. Makes the truck look like its wearing a gas mask. I drove all over with it the other day and no noteable difference on the temp gauge. I'm experimenting with some of Bjorn's findings.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next, get yourself a digital thermometer, that's the only way to notice the little changes. Straight up and down on my dash gauge is 177 F. When the t-stat begins to open the needle points just to the right.
BTW, even in Florida, it would take a while to reach operating temp at low rpm's without a grill cover. Diesels don't use a lot of fuel at idle. My multi just loves that 185-195 range.

Thanks for the credit, Kenny! :blush: