• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ground Pressure 900 Series

acme66

I have been searching for some time now and it seems like I should be able to find this but for whatever reason I can't. Not sure if it is my search terms or what. I would like to know the ground pressure PSI for an unloaded 925A1 and a 925A2 for my Forest Service Special use permit. If you had that info handy I would appreciate it and I apologize for my poor searching today.

Ken

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to figure out the foot print (the area of the tire in contact with the ground) for each tire. then add them up and you have the total square inches of ground contact. Then take the total weight of the truck in pounds and divide by the total square inches and you will have pounds per square inch.

Let's say you have 24 square inches on the ground per tire. That's a 6 inch wide tread X 4 inch long contact area, keep in mind all this changes when you change the tire air pressure. 24 X 10 tires is 240. Let's say the truck weighs 20,000 pounds. 20,000 / 240 = 83.3 pounds per square inch.

Now I didn't look up how much a 925 weighs and I don't know what your tires are. You should be able to figure those out. If all else fails; make something up. ;-)

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I would think that ground pressure would necessarily be proportional to tire pressure, with some sort of adjustment based on tread pattern and how hard the ground is. I am not sure how the tread pattern would affect things in realistic conditions, though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks